[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jul 4 22:56:31 EDT 2005

At 08:32 PM 7/4/2005, Brian Webster wrote:
>Earl,
>         I don't normally post on this topic but feel compelled to do so.
> At the
>risk of offending you and your area aprs congestion, if people around you
>were to use more extensive paths than wide2-2, and they are truly that far
>away from you that means they are either on the West Coast (where there is a
>congestion problem)

         I guess I'm a little confused -- are you saying the West Coast can
be reached from here on 2 hops?

>  or farther East say Denver area or Texas areas. If they
>were to hop out more than two hops it goes in every direction not just to
>the non-congested areas of New Mexico (and yes I have traveled there and
>know how isolated you are).

         I don't think you do.  Take a look at the two links I posted
earlier and then tell me that 2 hops will let me see the whole state and
out to the West Coast.

><snip>
>         Earl I respect you and your contributions to this list but I just
> have to
>disagree with you on this one. If you really need to see more action,
>connect to the net.

         Actually, I like to do RADIO, and augmenting a broken radio system
with the internet just isn't what I'm looking for.

>  You simply can't put all this traffic in a 1200 baud
>network with no real routing and expect it to go far.

         All WHAT traffic?  LOOK AT THE LINKS I POSTED.  New Mexico does
not have the amount of traffic you see in New York.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info