[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jul 4 17:54:36 EDT 2005

         Maybe I'm not getting my point across.

         When I first started in APRS, my area was still on 145.01, and we
never saw anybody outside our local area.  We had about a dozen people on
APRS then, but they got bored looking at each others' houses, so they went
back to regular packet.  That left me as the only APRS op within 100 miles,
maybe farther.  When I saw another station on my map, it was a surprise.

         Since then, we have all worked HARD to get a system of digis going
so that we can see what's happening, so we can communicate with each
other.  I've gotten used to that, and I like it.  I like watching people
drive up and down I25 and across I40 in New Mexico, I LIKE messaging to
people 200 miles away.

         It we're going to a point where I no longer see anything except my
local digis, I don't think I'm going to stay with it.  I think I'll instead
go over to PropNet on probably 10 and 6 meters and let this dead network do
without me.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info