[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jul 4 16:04:13 EDT 2005

	I have just been informed that the New Mexico digis will be changing to
the new paradigm.  The URFMSI web site requests all users to shorten their
paths to no more than WIDE3-3.  Currently, I have UI-View32 set to exclude
digis, and I only see 13 stations, and only 4 of these are in New Mexico,
including myself.

	If I show digis, I see only 30 stations.

	According to the UI-Traffic addon, I'm seeing 30 packets in 10 minutes,
but that's a few minutes after some fairly heavy local messaging, and I'm
sure it'll drop off more in the next hour.

	I'm not sure I like this -- for YEARS I have been out on the end of a long
string of digis, and I don't see much unless people use longer paths.  It's
very frustrating that so many people want to "jump on the bandwagon"
EVERYWHERE and fix problems that only exist in the big cities.  I'm
seriously considering moving all my APRS equipment over to PropNet
instead.  I mean, if I only see 13 stations, then what's the point?

	Thanks for listening to me vent!  <G>
	Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info