[aprssig] Progress on Google maps

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Jul 2 17:30:26 EDT 2005

http://www.orablogs.com/oragis/archives/2005_06.html

kewwl

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Dimse [mailto:steve at dimse.com]
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2005 2:11 AM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: [aprssig] Progress on Google maps

First, the page now shows icons (an obsolete set, same as used in the
hopefully I will be getting a new set soon), and supports multiple
stations:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find1.cgi?call=WT4X-4,WT4X-3,K4HG

You have to zoom out a few times to see the other stations. The API
apparently does not allow directly drawing text to the page, so for
now you have to click on an icon to see the call. I think the answer
for me will be to create a custom icon that combines the icon with
the callsign into a single "icon" which is passed to GMaps. This will
take a little time to get implemented, I have a busy holiday weekend.

As to the issue of IE 6 not working for some, is anyone using IE6
successfully with this URL?

Does IE have a javascript console where errors are displayed? Mac
Safari has this, and without seeing what errors appear my chances of
debugging this remotely are virtually zero. If this capability does
exist, can someone having the problem email me privately with the
error message(s)?

Steve K4HG