[aprssig] Google maps

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Sat Jul 2 00:19:04 EDT 2005

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Should not matter
>
> its all java

For the record, javascript is what google maps uses, and it is completely different from java.  It does, however, have
an industry backed specification that is supposed to make it standard.  The problem is that it has grown up without
backward compatibility and with some bugs in varion versions of various browsers.  So, in older browsers, the bugs and
compatibility issues will cause breakage...

I'm using google maps to document the location and status of my clubs repeater sites:

	http://www.w5ias.com/status

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW