[aprssig] 9600 baud capable radios

ke4nyv at hamhud.net ke4nyv at hamhud.net
Mon Jan 31 21:11:39 EST 2005

Quoting scott at opentrac.org:

> I don't know... some of those Motorola techs are pretty shady characters.
> ;)

Thats Mr. Shady Character to you buddy :o)

> Don't the Maxtracs come in a couple of versions?  What's the best one to
> look for if you're watching eBay?

Look for a Maxtrac with the 16 pin rear panel connector, somtimes referred to as
the 16 pin logic board.  Better yet, look for a Radius (Still Motorola) GM300
mobiles.  The GM300's all have the 16 pin accessory connector.  I have several
running myself.  One is a 2 channel model used on my digi KE4NYV-5.  The two
channel units have been known to go for around $80-120 on eBay.  They make
perfect radios for APRS, everything can be interfaced through that back panel
connector.

Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics