[aprssig] Question about 'H-bit' handling and WIDEn-N paths

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Fri Jan 28 11:46:52 EST 2005

Good question.  Dupe check for APRS should be based on callsign-SSID,
unproto (no SSID), and the I-field.  The via path should be ignored as
this changes with digipeating (as you noted).  The SSID on the unproto
is ignored because this could be changed SSID routing.  The unproto
should be part of the CRC because it is used as data in APRS (Mic-E, for
example).

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL