[aprssig] Kenwood D7 (not G) and Garmin 60C/76C

Mike Edwards medwardsz28 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 07:24:06 EST 2005

I don't have a original model D7 so I am a little fuzzy with the NMEA
incompatibility issue,  but I seem to remember it having something to do with
the number of digits in the minutes field, i.e. 28.0693 vs 28.069 ..

Anyhow, Garmin released a beta software release v3.61 that now contains an
Advanced NMEA Setup page where you can adjust the minutes precision, as well as
turning certain sentences off.  I saw a few posts on Jan 22nd about this so I
figured i'd post the info.

Mike KE4YGT