[aprssig] Car Makers to Create Car to Car WLAN

tvsjr at sprynet.com tvsjr at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 24 15:45:53 EST 2005

Heh, they're stealing our idea. We ran a car-to-car WLAN with full Internet connectivity last year during our Dayton road trip. Vehicle links were performed using 2.4GHZ 802.11b and 1.2GHZ D-STAR. Four vehicles took part in the network... the ridiculous part was the one vehicle required 3 RF hops and 3 router hops to reach the Internet.

To keep this APRS-related, we ran a mobile I-Gate as long as Internet connectivity was available (about 90% of the time, through an AT&T EDGE card).

73,
Terry/N5RSE