no visible text (was Re: [aprssig] Future Plans for New Radios withAPRS support (Like theTM-D700A/TH-7)?)

Wilson G. Hein wilson.hein at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 22:47:29 EST 2005

His message was viewable in OL2k

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of Keith - VE7GDH
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 9:07 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: no visible text (was Re: [aprssig] Future Plans for New Radios
withAPRS support (Like theTM-D700A/TH-7)?)

Chuck KF9FR wrote on Friday, January 21, 2005 11:25 AM PST

> Are there any announcements (I'd even settle for some rumors) about
> future plans for APRS-enabled radios similar to the current offerings
> from Kenwood? <snip> Both the TM-D700A and the TH-7 are
> showing their age. <snip>

Hi Chuck - just a note about your email to APRS SIG. Don't know anything
about upcoming radios, but you raise a good point. Your email message showed
up here looking like a blank message, but with two attachments - a text file
containing the text of your message and the file signature.asc. I could just
open the text file and view the contents of your message, but I ended up
saving the message on my desktop and then editing it with a text editor and
stripped out the "formatting stuff" from the message header and the PGP
stuff and the .asc file and changed the content-type over to "Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1" and saved it and then copied it back to my
APRS SIG folder just so I could see the message without opening the
attachment.

I have no idea if it's anything to do with Thunderbird that you are using or
with Outlook Express (yeah, I know...) that I'm using this end, but I wonder
if you just formatted the message in plain text format if it would eliminate
the problem? It could just be the email client that I'm using, but was
everyone / anyone else able to view Chuck's message without opening
attachments or editing the message?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH