[aprssig] new diamond x500hna

Doug Ferrell, KD4MOJ kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Sat Jan 22 19:25:00 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of steve scott kd8s
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:02 PM
To: aprssig at tapr.org
Subject: [aprssig] new diamond x500hna

Purchased a diamond x 500 hna for my aprs base station.

my plan is to install it on the top (hard to get to part)  of my tower.

anyone out there have suggestions on things i can do to make sure i don't
have any problems down the road?

73

steve scott
las vegas

   Yep... seal that sucker REAL GOOD!. IT WILL LEAK if you don't.... I have
used 5 of the Diamond 2 and 3 section antennas in the past and they will
suffer from water load no matter how tight you thread them. I once had to
climb a 400 foot tower to repair it (replaced it actually). SO the only
Diamond that I use now are the x50 series... ONCE PIECE fiberglass.

...DOUG
kd4moj