[aprssig] digi on a linux boot CD?

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sat Jan 22 15:25:19 EST 2005

Hello Jason,

At 15:54 21-1-2005 -0600, Jason Winningham wrote:
>Is here a linux boot CD that can act as a digipeater using the sound card
>as the TNC?

I guess such a CD can be made, don't know about one but that's most likely
because I never looked for one.

>Can digi-ned use a sound card interface?

On DOS: no (soundcards were a mess in DOS anyway, do you remember the
environment settings for IO area adres, IRQ and DMA everybody had to mess
arround with to get a Soundblaster or clone running?)

On Linux: DIGI_NED can use everything the AX.25 kernel interface provides,
so the answer is yes.

Speaking of soundcards, I wonder if it whould be worth the trouble to make
DIGI_NED run under Cygwin; this whould be by connecting it to the port
AGWPE provides. I know the code is in Xastir so the had work to find out
how is already done.

Kind regards,

Henk.