[aprssig] Looking for a GPS

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jan 19 19:11:58 EST 2005

At 05:00 PM 1/19/2005, John Denison wrote:
>In the past month or so the GPS V Deluxe (may be the same model) dropped
>from $399 to $299.

         Interesting link of the day:
<http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=cnet.com&id=1001097>http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=cnet.com&id=1001097

>  I bought mine at Best Buy, and then ordered the cigarette ligher plug
> with data cable combined from HRO. The GPS V box will have two seperate
> cables, one for power, and one for data. As it is when using the data
> cable, the GPS must run on batteries.

         The great thing about this is that I still have the cables I used
with my GPS-2+, so when the GPS-V comes in, I'll be able to take the Radio
Shack DigiTraveller GPS out and replace it with the GPS-5.  This should
keep me out of china and Japan with my 18-wheeler milk truck!  <G>

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info