[aprssig] A few thoughts from the road

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jan 19 16:17:21 EST 2005

At 02:04 PM 1/19/2005, David Rush wrote:
><snip>
>Wow:
>http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/breadcrumb.cgi?call=KD5XB-9&start=9999&length=9999&geo=http%3A%2F%2Fdavidarush.com%2Fhamradio%2Faprs%2Fconus-landsat.geo
>
>Is the APRS "network" here in Wyoming that much better than everywhere
>else on your trip???

         Yep, I think so.  Except that cheap Radio Shack DigiTraveller GPS
got a mite confused and thought I was in Japan for a while.  If not for
that, you would also see a track line from just south of Albuquerque
to  southwest Colorado.

         I listened to 144.39 on my voice rig a lot during that trip, and
it is sure quiet out in the wilderness!

         Gotta go see if I can find my old GPS-2+ in the pawn shop, maybe
the thief hocked it and I can get it back.  I still have some cables for
it...<G>

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info