[aprssig] Digipeating with TM-D700A

Stephen H. Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 18:12:30 EST 2005

Robert Bruninga wrote on 1/14/2005, 2:54 PM:

 > >Would it be possible to set up the D700 to crossband repeat
 > > thus bypassing theneed to set up the D700 for aprs digipeating?
 >
 > Impossible.  The audio distortion makes the sounds
 > undecodable by any TNC...

Strange...

I do this all the time with my APRN system.  I transmit SSTV with the
Garmin Foretrex 201/TH-D7/VC-H1 combo with the D7 set for Mic-E
burst-on-unkey on UHF.  It goes to my car's D700, and gets
crossband-repeated to 146.100.  A voice repeater on 146.700 about 30
miles away then retransmits both the SSTV and the packet burst
sucessfully to my home station.  At home, a soundcard application
(mmSSTV) decodes the now twice analog-repeated SSTV image while a KPC3+
decodes the now twice analog-repeated Mic-E bursts quite nicely.

Stephen H. Smith                wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                      http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated Symbols for         http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/ham
UI-View and APRSplus: