[aprssig] Digipeating with TM-D700A

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 14 17:57:55 EST 2005

>>> WA8LMF2 at aol.com 1/14/05 2:15:05 PM >>>
>YES!  This works.  I have done it many times with the D700 VHF side on

>144.39 and the UHF side on 438.150.  I then set the TH-D7 to transmit

>and receive on 438.15.  No APRS mode needed in the D700 at all.

OK, Ill eat my words when I said it will *never* work, but
I will say that you will suffer *significant* loss in quality and
decodability.  Not only due to the distortion of the crossband
circuits but also the additive noise of both channels.
Whereas a digipeater (which it was desigend to do) regenerates
the data at NO performance loss.

In fact, set up the radio for SPLIT operation.  The D700
receives area packets on 144.39 then digipeats them to 144.99
where the D7 inside hears them and yet you are not QRMing the
otehr users at all..

Bob

Stephen H. Smith                wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                      http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated Symbols for         http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/ham
UI-View and APRSplus: