[aprssig] Digipeating with TM-D700A

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 14 17:53:17 EST 2005

Ken
set your D700 to EL power so you dont QRM too much.
Look at traffic in the area.  IF most packet you see at
your site are WIDE2-1 or 3-2 or 3-1, then just put those
in yoru UIDIGI list.  Then you will repeat everything...

>>> "Ken Kinyon" <w7ts at comcast.net> 1/14/05 1:47:18 PM >>>
I have agreed to demonstrate some APRS software at a ham fest.  I will
however be inside a building.  I will be using a Laptop and TH-D7A.  I
thought I could configure the TM-D700A in my truck in the parking lot
digipeat so I could receive some signals inside. To test it I set the
UIDIGI
parameter in the D700 to relay and turned digipeat on.  T set the path
in
the TH-D7 to relay, wide.  The D700  digipeats the TH-7's signal and
it
shows up on Find-U.  However the D700 will not digipeat any one else's
signal so I can pick it up on the hand held and display it on the
computer.
I imagine this is because I am not directly receiving anyone who has
relay
in their path.  Is there a way that I could set the D700 to digipeat
some of
the relay or wide stations in the area (Loveland Colorado) so
something
besides the hand held and my truck will show up on the computer?.  I
am
aware that this is going to add to the traffic, but it will be a short
duration demo.
Thanks,
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon