[aprssig] More on polling the d7/ d700

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 14 08:38:14 EST 2005

>>> brianbr at mac.com 1/13/05 10:52:19 PM >>>
>NO! The "?APRS?" message does not get ACKed it
>just causes a POSIT to be sent.

Just for clarity.  There is an APRS "Query" packet that
is simply ?APRS? which causes all stations on freq
to respond randomly in the next 2 minutes.
.  These days that is a mess, dont do it.

There is a directed Query which is the same thing
sent as a message to one station.  It's may or may-not
ACK the message, but also then may respond in
a shorter random timer,...

Bob