[aprssig] Something odd with the internet servers?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 13 23:02:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, AE5PL Lists wrote:

> Ah, that explains it.  The information field (with timestamp) of the
> return message would be over 256 characters which is not allowed by
> AX.25.  Good eyes, Gerhard ;-)

Sure about that?  I probably need to go look at the spec again, but
I could swear we used to run 1024 byte packets on TCP/IP.  I don't
think 256 is an inherent limit of AX.25 protocol.

A quick look at the AX.25 HOWTO document shows that even Linux
allows 1 to 512 as the length.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer