[aprssig] Need some advice : Generating packet on a PIC

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Jan 13 04:48:04 EST 2005

Howdy,

I have just completed some PIC code that uses a R ladder to create RTTY
tones.

This works a treat with 100% copy even over a noisy, radio link.

Problem. Not much uses RTTY except some stand alone programs, nothing really
"APRS"

I have therefore made the decision to go for ax25 packet.

What should I arm myself with as far as documentation ?

1. Scott N1VG's notes on ax25
2. dcc.doc by w2fs "Genarting ax25 ui frames with Pic microcontrollers"

I see the greatest challenge will be the FCS

I understand that apart from the flag, you have to bit stuff after 5
consecutives bits.

Any help appreciated.

I have acheived so much with PICS, and if I can interface with my TNC I
would be most happy

Cheers Andy VK4TEC

www.tech-software.net