[aprssig] PacComm Trace-Only digi settings.

Greg Noneman greg at clubnet.net
Wed Jan 12 02:06:58 EST 2005

Bob,

There were various PacComm firmware versions.  At this point in time, I
don't think anything prior to Version 4.0 should be used for digipeater
service.  Version 4.0 incorporated several APRS features, most
important being callsign substitution and duplication checking
(DIGipeat function should be set to a value of 7 to enable these
features).  Below I have tried to give all the equivalent PacComm
commands to the KPC-3 commands you call out in your new n-N
configuration.

The first entry is the KPC-3 parameter and the second entry is the
PacComm parameter (view with non-proportional font):

HID OFF                      HID OFF
CD SOFTWARE                  N/A – Hardware DCD
UIDWAIT OFF                 N/A
UIFLOOD ##LNK,30,NOID       N/A
UITRACE SS,30               N/A
UIDIGI RELAY,               MYA RELAY
       WIDE,                MY1 WIDE
       WIDE2-2,             MY2 WIDE2-2
       WIDE3-3              MY3 WIDE3-3
BLT 1 EVERY 00:20:00         B E 60
      START 00:00:00
BLT 2 EVERY 00:40:00        LOC E 180
      START 00:10:00
BLT 3 EVERY 01:20:00        N/A
      START 00:30:00
BLT 4 EVERY 02:40:00        N/A
      START 01:10:00
LTP 1 APN383                UNPROTO APNPxx
LTP 2 APN383 VIA WIDE       LPATH APNPxx VIA WIDE
LTP 3 APN383 VIA SS2-2      N/A
LTP 4 APN383 VIA SS3-3      N/A
LT 1  !DDMM.mmNL…….      BTEXT !DDMM.mmN……
LT 2  !DDMM.mmNL…….      LTEXT !DDMM.mmN……
LT 3  !DDMM.mmNL…….      N/A
LT 4  !DDMM.mmNL…….      N/A

To summarize:

No equivalent CD command since later PacComm models  had hardware DCD.

Entries that would be in UIDIGI are entered into aliases of MYA,
MY1,MY2 and MY3.

Beaconing capabilities aren't as sophisticated as the KPC-3.  There
really is only the normal beacon (specified by Beacon, Unproto and
BText) and a location beacon (specified by LOCation, LPATH and LTEXT).
There are 3 additional text fields associated with the LOCation beacon,
but they can not be staggered like with the KPC-3.  I chose to indicate
just the two beacons, one every 10 miinutes to a direct path and one
every 30 minutes to a one hop path.

You probably need to assign a new overlay to PacComm digis that are
supporting the new n-N plan (not the conventional TRACE digi overlay).
I don't believe this is currently defined.

I hope this helps.

I assume you also need a set of commands that apply to a TNC-2 loaded
with UIDIGI firmware.  I will provide these tomorrow, if you wish.

73,
Greg
WB6ZSU