[aprssig] 9600 Baud TNC

ROBERT M KING krm6 at msn.com
Sun Jan 9 13:33:37 EST 2005

Bill;

The discontinued TNC2multi does receive 1200 Baud AND 9600 Baud
simultenously.  But it will only transmit on 1200 Baud OR 9600 Baud
depending on the front panel switch position.  I have tested this feature
and it worked well.

The TNC7multi will not do this.

However, IFD Guttner said they will implement the feature in the TNC7multi.
They made no promise when they would release the update. (It can be updated
via flash prom.)

So you can buy the TNC now and get the update via download from their web
site when it is released.  They have already updated the TOS (Tnc Operating
System) once. I downloaded the upgrade and installed it into my TNC's with
no problem.

Bob King
K7OFT
krm6 at msn.com