[aprssig] Unwanted IGATEing

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Jan 9 13:15:42 EST 2005

On 1/9/05 at 10:50 AM Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net> sent:

>         Oops, I spoke too quickly.  The callsigns in the packets I sent to
>the list earlier do not show up in the raw data of KE5GD.  Back to
>brainstorming...

At this time third party packets are filtered on the APRS IS and an anti-looping
measure. There are other ways to avoid the loops this protects against, but
until they are in all client programs, the filtering needs to be in place.

Since so far the only use of the third party packets is to retransmit internet
data on RF, this filtering does not affect functioning of the system, but long
term the idea is to have the option of using third party packets for other
purposes.

Steve K4HG