[aprssig] Unwanted IGATEing

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Jan 9 12:58:46 EST 2005

Looking at that, he has something else terribly wrong with his setup.
Look at all the mangled packets being gated back into APRS-IS by his
station (qAR,KE5GD in the path).  I had a similar (but much less severe)
problem when RF was messing with the TNC.  We would see callsigns
mangled, but the data would be fine.  Lowered the power on the radio, no
more problems.

It appears that he needs to take a serious look at his setup.  Looking
at a different logging source, other IGates are gating mangled packets
from his station back into APRS-IS, as well.  It may be that he is
overrunning his TNC and it is belching out whatever it can.  Maybe that
is why he never responds to APRS messages.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net