[aprssig] UiI 32 HELP ! ! !

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jan 8 15:36:45 EST 2005

Tom KD4UFD wrote on 08/01/2005 12:21:03 PM PST

> Every time I connect to the UI-View 32 server I get flooded with input
> stations and then the computer crashes. There has to be a fix out there
> can anyone help..... PLEASE>>>>>

Connect to one of the "port 14580" tier 2 servers. You can send a "filter" command to them and limit the data being sent to you. In the "extra logon" text in the APRS server setup, enter something like...

"filter m/250"

without the quotes. This will limit the data to stations within 250 km of your location. Another filter...

"filter r/40/-100/100"

This would limit the data to within 100 km of 40N 100W, so this should of course be edited for whatever location you want to receive data for. While in the APRS server setup, just hit F1 and look for the link to FILTER.TXT for more hints on other ways of constructing a filter.

You can query the APRS-IS to see what filter you are using by sending a message on port I to "server" with "filter?" in the message. You can also change the filter on the fly by sending the new filter settings to "server" as well.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH