[aprssig] PCI/USB Soundcard interfaces & Linux

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 7 21:47:55 EST 2005

>>> Wes Johnston <wes at kd4rdb.com> 1/7/05 3:24:57 PM >>>
>[the Kenwood]  _can_ tx on 2m or 70cm 9k6 on the left
>side and rx on 1296 9k6 on the right side, but you will forfeit the
voice
>abilities of the radio because you will be using both "sides" for
data.

But you would only use this in a fixed station to gain the
advantages of a 9600 baud super-user.  IF you dont have
any other radio for voice, then best to stay on 144.39 as
a normal user...

But most of this goes away now, because I have also realized
that going to SUPER-SITES can be done at just 1200 baud
and still retain most of the advantages! of vastly expanding
the size of an ALOHA net..

Bob