[aprssig] D7 Flow Control

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 7 08:47:20 EST 2005

>>> wa7nwp at jnos.org 1/6/05 9:36:53 PM >>>
>Flow control on RF is another part of the problem.
>Packets at 9k6 come in too fast for the unit to handle them.

Well, I hate to see blanket statements like that without
qualification.  It would be better to say:

On systems not designed for the overhead of AX.25 on RF,
and the application, "packets at 9k6 can come in too fast
for the unit to handle them."

Would be a better statment I think.  As long as the designer
recognizes that continuous data at 9600 baud on an AX.25
packet system can actually produce data throughput rates
as high as 19,200 baud or higher and designs accordingly,
then they will work just fine.

Like anything else, the system has to be "designed", not
just grab somethig with a 9600 baud label on it and hook
it up.... and then wonder why it doesnt work...

Bob

The D7, D700 can work perfectly fine as long as Bill