[aprssig] FW: Elcom uTNT TNCs

ke4nyv at hamhud.net ke4nyv at hamhud.net
Thu Jan 6 19:07:41 EST 2005

Quoting Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org>:

> Might have to order a TNC-X to fill that
> requirement in time for a demo, since I still have no idea when to expect my
> uTNT.  Kudos to John for making that such an open product, and being so fast
> to answer questions and provide help.

The uTNC is pretty neat looking, but I really have to vote to support our own
guy John Hansen W2FS.  John is great at getting kits out as fast as he can and
always is there for email support when needed.  Plus John went open-source to
help other hams learn "how its done", thats important to me because it takes us
right back to the original meaning of the hobby.  Back when you built and
maintained everything you used as a ham.

I get kind of tired of seeing when hams (typically US hams) create somthing and
then someone outside of the US copies it and trys to sell it off as their own.
Such as the guy in S. American that was selling hack copies of the TinyTrak on
eBay.  To me, that is stealing and I have a personal problem with that.

I'll get off the soab-box, 73's
Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics