[aprssig] Re: In a nutshell?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jan 6 15:31:01 EST 2005

On Jan 6, 2005, at 2:19 PM, dick at kb7zva.com wrote:

>  If you were watching
> RF stations doing 5 or 7 WIDE's or WIDE7-7 on your network, what would
> you
> do? Educate them by all means... Just don't follow the education rules
> that are currently in place, try something a little better <g>.

Well, north AL isn't in too bad a shape, which means that the WIDE7-7s
I see are a lot farther away.  By the time I got from
Huntsville/Decatur to Memphis or Indiana or South Carolina the
"educating" that I'd be in the mode for would be less of the Elmer
variety and more of the stick with nails in it variety. (:

Seriously, I have tried to educate some that I have seen from my home
station, via email.  The vast majority had either no address or an
invalid address, or they simply did not respond to my email.  The only
one that did reply made a joke of it; I don't know if he fixed his
station or not.

Maybe I should make up a letterhead for the North Alabama APRS Network
Working Group's Abuse Prevention Team (consisting solely of yours
truly) and drop $0.37 on a letter to the address of record for that
call.

-Jason
kg4wsv