[aprssig] Re: PHG Protocol Antenna Gain

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 6 08:47:45 EST 2005

>>> ve3nec at sympatico.ca 1/5/05 11:17:54 PM >>>
> using dBi, verse dBd is a good point...
> if we have our PHG using dBd, do we need to make
> new EPROPMs to match this change. (I assume so.)

No, not at all.  Remember, the PHG is supposed to result
in a PHG circle that best matches the real range of your digi
not just what a raw calculation yields...
Just because we changed its definition, by 2 dB, if you were
happy with your circle before, then leave it be.

Beside, I think MOST PHG circles are overly optiimitic in the
first place...

Bob