[aprssig] Is 9600 Baud Okay on 2Mtr's?

A.J. Farmer ajfarmer at spenet.com
Wed Jan 5 01:23:17 EST 2005

I have used my TH-D7 TNC @ 9600 on the AO-51 Satellite without any trouble.
I just hooked up the laptop, put the internal TNC in KISS mode, set the
frequency and I was working on A0-51 with no trouble at 9600.

Although I haven't tried Winlink yet, I'm not sure what all the fuss is
about that the Kenwood radio TNC's won't do the job.  Is this coming from
people that have tried it and failed or is this based on speculation?  I got
the same type of response from many AMSAT folks that said you can't work
AO-51 at 9600 with a Kenwood radio/TNC.  Well, it works fine for me.  With
the large population of TH-D7 and TM-D700 users, I would think the Winlink
folks would try their best to embrace them.

A Telpac node just went up locally so I hope to finally try out Winlink this
week using my TH-D7.  I'll give it a good workout with different sized
messages and files and post my results here.

73!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com