[aprssig] Is 9600 Baud Okay on 2Mtr's?

Rich Garcia k4gps at arrl.net
Tue Jan 4 21:30:06 EST 2005

QST did a comparison review 2 years ago or so I belive and most of the
radios did not do very well.

The best thing to do is take a GE Mastr II or a Motorola Mitrek for $25 or
$50 add $30 in crystals
and have a true FM radio. Yes you will need some test gear to set it up but
other than that you will
have a tank that will run 24/7 for many more years than you care to think
of. Most of the backbones
here on 9600 and many of the user ports for regular packet are all
commercial gear.

Rich