[aprssig] Xastir on Windows, was Re: Slashdot article

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 4 19:34:41 EST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, aa8ei wrote:

> Please send me a list of the 'software/where to get it' that I need for xastir.
>
> I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop, 2G cpu, .5G ram, XP/SP2/Home, broadband.
>
> If you can get me up and running, at least on the internet, it will help me
> greatly. Need to do it quickly, simply, and I'm perfect in that I have no
> familiarity with UNIX and it's been a loooonnng time since I did any
> programming HI

    http://www.xastir.org

Look at the "README.win32" link on that page.  Listed near the top
of that text file are two places to get CD's that will install onto
Windows for you fairly painlessly.  One of those sites also has a
network-install option.

The manual install method is described in that same README.win32
file.  It also works but is a bit involved.