[aprssig] Is 9600 Baud Okay on 2Mtr's?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 4 17:49:55 EST 2005

So what's a good radio for it?  And I don't mean a D700.  I'd rather have an
inexpensive single-band radio with no internal TNC that I can put in a rack
and ignore (like the Alinco on my IGate).  I started looking at new 2-meter
mobiles a while back, but forgot what I'd decided on.  Used probably isn't a
viable option - at hamfests and on eBay, hams seem unwilling to offer used
hardware for more than 10% less than the purchase price, regardless of age.
Sometimes it's MORE than the price of a new rig - seen that on this list,
even.  Must be the emotional attachment to the hardware...

Scott
N1VG