[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm summary (fwd)

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Jan 4 10:47:23 EST 2005

Earl Needham wrote:

>         I guess that would be right, California (Southern California
> anyway) is a lot more populated than anything within 500 miles of me!
> <G>
>
>         7 3
>         Earl

Well, yes, that's part of it, but what hurts more is the digipeaters on
top of 9000' + peaks.  These digis can see direct all the way to San
Diego, Phoenix, Las Vegas, the west coast, and north to the base of the
Sierras.  They bring in any WIDEn-N packets they see that still need
another hop.  Our highest digi dropped WIDEn-N a couple of days ago, and
it has already made a HUGE difference in the traffic load.  I'm no
longer seeing Utah and Colorado digis.

73
Phil - AD6NH