[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm summary (fwd)

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Jan 4 10:33:53 EST 2005

Earl Needham wrote:

> At 05:26 AM 1/4/2005, Wes Johnston wrote:
>
>> We'll still have a universal path.. it will be WIDE,WIDE or
>> RELAY,WIDE.  Cap,
>> with all due respect, your area must not be as saturated as mine, so
>> you aren't
>> bothered by the wide5-5's and wide7-7's streaming in from 300 miles
>> away.
>

>         I think that out west NONE OF US are as saturated as the east
> coast.  The problems I read about on the APRSSIG just don't exist here
> where I am, and I doubt it exists in very many other places west of,
> say, Missouri.

NO, California is a mess.  Perhaps not in Santa Cruz county, but in Los
Angeles and parts along the central valley for sure.  BTW, San Diego has
almost completely switched over to the new system.  Mobiles in San Diego
should now run RELAY,WIDE and fixed stations run WIDE,WIDE or
DIGI,WIDE.  A couple of L.A. area digipeaters have made the switch as
well.  We're almost ready out here.  It's already making a big positive
difference.

73
Phil - AD6NH