[aprssig] Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Oddity in digging a tower base

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 1 22:09:57 EST 2005

Hello,
Where is the water shut off in the yard?  If you know
where the supply line is and where the shutoff cover
is and where the water meter is in your house, you can
make a good guess where the line to your house is.
Probably too late for that though.
Here we call Miss Dig, the agent that works with all
the utilities (Consumers Energy, SBC phone, City,
Village, etc.) to make this happen.  If you don't see
about 5 different marks after they are done, then the
job isn't done.  You may have to call your local
government for any information the city/village/county
can provide(drains, sewer, water, etc.)
I think blue is water, yellow is gas, orange flags on
white sticks for phone, Orange?? for underground
power, White?? for drains or sewer.

73,
Chris
KB8UIH