[aprssig] Quieting Honda Generator (was) Portable Ops from 12vvia 115 VAC

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 1 13:21:48 EST 2005

Running the 12V out to a battery like is suggested
would probably do the trick for those who have that
option.

If not, how about setting up a battery or bank of
batts to provide the isolation needed by running the
120V out from the generator to a battery charger then
to the battery(ies) to run the radios?  Our club has
done this at Field Day with success.  When running
that way it also provides a power supply for 30 amps
for those who can't spend money for same but can get a
charger and a battery for the 24 hours.

Chris
KB8UIH

http://www.dellroy.com/W4EF's-Ham-Radio-Page/Portable_Operation/EU2000i_