[aprssig] aprs & Davis Wireless Advantage Pro

clayj at nwlink.com clayj at nwlink.com
Mon Feb 28 12:29:03 EST 2005

Typical Davis - for a mere $195 they'll do what most other Weather
Stations do for free (or at least there are other sources available).

I'm running a 'kludge' right now of meteo (meteo.othello.ch), db2ARPRS
(part of the Xastir package, www.xastir.org)  and MisterHouse
(www.misterhouse.net) - basically a perl script that uploads the data
right to APRS_IS.   The goal is to figure out Xastir so that it can send
the Weather to APRS-IS and cut one part out of the process.

If you haven't already purchased, and don't need NIST-traceable
instruments, I'd buy ANYTHING but Davis.

Clay Jackson
N7QNM