[aprssig] Solar Panel Deal

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 26 23:43:21 EST 2005

It isn't listed in the Saturday paper in Portland, OR but I will
definatly take a look on Sunday and possibly stop by there.

I do have a question tough...here was my idea of how to use one of
these. I have a Yaesu VX-7R and an OpenTracker. I have 2 batteries for
the VX-7R so I was wondering if it would be possibly to directly charge
the Li-Ion battery pack from the solar panel or not, my guess is no...in
which case where could I find a small device for doing such a thing?

To conserve battery for the OT I will manually send the posit after
switching my VX-7R to 144.390 every 30-45 minutes so I'm not concerned
about battery life with it, but I doubt the VX-7R will last for a week
long hike on 2 batteries and moderate use during the day.

Thanks,
Josh