[aprssig] List of digis and IGates?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Feb 24 22:21:24 EST 2005

On 2/24/05 at 9:53 PM Brad [VE3BSM] <lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com> sent:

>It appears as though that page is using only the icon to determine what an
>IGate is (diamond with an 'I'). Most of the IGates in my area that I know if
>(including my own) are also digipeaters, so use the digi icons instead.
>That'll probably mess up the filtering a bit. Can't say I can think of a
>better way though. :-(

I've posted a better way a while back, giving a very simple perl program that
checks incoming packets for a q construct, grabbing the callsign following the q
construct, and if that call differs from the packet callsign (eliminating
directly connected internet stations), printing the call. Maybe you could also
just look for qAr and qAR, but I think that might miss ones connected to aprsd
gates, maybe Pete will comment on that.

Either way, you take this long list  of callsigns, pipe them through sort and
uniq, and you have a list of igates...

Steve K4HG