[aprssig] APRStest.EXE Test Data

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 24 13:38:46 EST 2005

I ran APRStest.exe on a TNC file from North Carolina and
it shows:

40% using the new NCn-N but only 16% of packets
27% using W,W,W,W,W but  consuming 42% of all packets
37% using W, W, W, W   but consuming 19% of all packets
  8% using  W,  W            but consuming    9% of all packets

Showing the NCn-N packets as much more efficient
than the others.  The 4 hop W,W,W,W path seems
to be similarly "efficient", but then also remember that
as the QRM level goes up that the number of packets
copied actually goes down, so this messes up the
statistics quite a bit for large W,W,W,W type hops..

I posted a NEW APRSTEST.EXE since the previous one
did not account for SSn-N paths.  This one works fine
with UIview log files too.  The link is about 30% down the
New n-N paradigm page:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html

Bob