[aprssig] Smart TNC's vs. KISS and computers was (no subject)

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Feb 24 12:05:24 EST 2005

Since we are talking about Windows reliability, let me add that I am
running W2K with UIView32, AGWPE, BPQ32, AR-Cluster, Web and FTP IIS
server, around the clock for 2 years without a failure.  I keep the OS
up to date, which means frequent updates.  So it's possible.  I build my
own machines, so I will take part of the credit..i.e. good hardware.

I am however interested in Linux applications for APRS and will explore
that as time allows.

I realize there are strong views on these matters, but my paramount
interest is in reliability, which I have achieved with W2K.

Ron N5IN