[aprssig] Bob, Address the WIDE7-6 Possibility

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 13:52:28 EST 2005

Hi Curt,

That is what I was really trying to understand about changing home
RELAYs to WIDEn-N.. These home RELAYs had a very important roll all
along. But, if they become WIDENs, then the unless your ideas can be
implemented, it could be bedlam all over again!

Until recently, I had never heard that the home RELAYs were meant to
help a mobile make a WIDE digi through QRM.. I understood they were
there because of the mobile's weaker signal, and fluttering while
moving, not QRM.

Now, how can a home WIDEN prevent digipeating, unless it doesn't hear
someone else do the job for the mobile?

This would be cool!

Robbie