[aprssig] Bob, Address the WIDE7-6 Possibility

Eric Christensen kf4otn at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 00:29:07 EST 2005

Well, unfortunately there are people out there that you just can't work with and ruin it for everyone else.

Case in point.  Monday evening a friend of mine was trying to help a ham out that was using a bad path (RELAY,WIDE,WIDE,WIDE).  As so many people up here say "education is the best way and will always work" he attempted to contact the station and ask him to use a better path and explain why it is a better path.  This conversation was not taken lightly and I actually have a copy of the conversation off of findU to prove how much of a LID this guy really is.

His reasons for not updating his path to something more appropriate???

1) He was taking advice from a No-Code Technician
2) He felt like if he ignored the No-Code long enough, then the no-code would go away.
3) He had possessed his Amateur Radio License longer than the no-code.
4) He had more history in APRS.

So much for education.  I'm really trying to be nice by not posting the conversation on the SIG because honestly I was a little taken back by this guy's reaction and attitude.  The "no-code" that I'm referring to is probably the nicest guy one would ever meet and certainly attempted to provide this guy with information, website, and suggestion.  He was never rude once.  Unbelievable.

73s,
Eric KF4OTN