[aprssig] A fix for KPC-3s?

Mark Conner n9xtn at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 19:53:38 EST 2005

Has anyone given any thought to using a PIC chip to "smarten up" a KPC-3 or
other legacy TNCs?  The TNC itself could be set to talk in KISS mode and not
do any digipeating itself, leaving that to the PIC.  Communication to/from
the PIC would be in KISS to "keep it simple".

I think a lot of the nuts and bolts exist in various software archives.
Once the chip was programmed, I would think you could make a kit (PCB, PIC,
cable, maybe case) for ~$30 (similar to the TinyTrak in cost) and just hang
it off the serial port.

73 de Mark N9XTN