[aprssig] TM-D700 & Tinytrak

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Wed Feb 16 19:26:15 EST 2005

The intetnal TNC can talk to either side of the radio, whereas the tiny track
would have to talk to the side that the microphone talks to.

I wrote a small "basic stamp" program that will hook to your GPS in parallel
with the kenwood radio (they both see the same GPS data), and will make your
kenwood beacon when you turn a corner.  You need only to set your kenwood to
beacon every 30 minutes and this program will increase that rate as needed.

http://www.kd4rdb.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=15&highlight=smart+beacon

Wes