[aprssig] IGate wildcards/Telpac data

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) ajfarmer at spenet.com
Tue Feb 15 12:19:12 EST 2005

>Guess we should also force trackers to have speakers in the
>vehicles (and be visible) so the operator is a good "steward" of the
>network and doesn't transmit too often or get stuck on or uses too long
>of a path or etc. etc. etc.

You're missing the point.  Nobody has to force anybody to do anything
(except the FCC - hi) but monitoring your equipment makes you a responsible
operator.  I'm not talking about 24x7 monitoring and having a speaker on
your tracker.  That is silly.  I'm talking about just checking on things now
and then.  I thought this was common sense.  This includes IGates, Digi's,
trackers - any transmitter.  If you set up any transmitter and *never* spot
check it now and then to make sure it is operating properly, then that is
irresponsible.