[aprssig] 9600 baud digipeaters...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 15 09:27:40 EST 2005

>>> kb4ytm at charter.net 2/14/05 6:06:15 PM >>>
>The 9600 baud port is doing nothing on your digi then?

You could experiment with it by hooking up the 9600
baud port to the same digi receiver and then for fun
set your mobile Kenwood to 9600 baud and gather some
GREAT data we need on how well 9600 baud works
compared to 1200 at the SAME digi site from the SAME
mobile..

Just set the MYGATE call to XBAUD and then on
the 9600 baud mobile use the path of XBAUD,WIDE2-2

The XBAUD is just a unique name for the 9600 to 1200
baud gateway function.  If you made it RELAY then
every mobile on 1200 wouild get cross digipeatered to
9600 which you might not want to do.  Hence the MYGATE
call of XBAUD so that the translation is only done on
intended packets.

This is how PCsat works. if you go up on the 9600 baud
UHF u plink...

de WB4APR, Bob

Thanks
Richard