[aprssig] New Version Of APRS-SCS is now ready for download

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sun Feb 13 15:16:10 EST 2005

Hi All
         A new version (1.14) of APRS-SCS is on line and ready for
down load.
Please go to the following URL.

http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs

So what is new. Read on

Version 1.14
Incorporated the displaying of APRSdos maps.
APRS-SCS can now use APRSdos maps as it mapping system.
APRS-SCS can still use the USGS map data maps it used before this
upgrade.
The user can switch back and forth between the two mapping systems
while APRS-SCS is running.
The exciting news is now APRS-SCS can run on any PC capable of
running WINDOWS 98se.
So now any old low memory slow PC can run APRS-SCS as long as they
only display the APRSdos maps.
The APRS-SCS Web page now has a link where you can down load the full
distribution of APRSdos
maps. Any personal APRSdos maps that you may have can be easily added
to APRS-SCS.
The map format is unchanged. All you have to do is copy your map
files to the \aprsscs\dosmaps
sub directory and then run EdMapList.exe to add your map files to the
maplist1.scs maplist file.
Those that are ugrading from an earlier version of APRS-SCS will have
to make a shortcut to the
EdMapList.exe file. Those that are registered users of APRS-SCS will
have to delete their
aprsscs.ini file before they run APRS-SCS version 1.14 for the first
time. Make sure you save
your registration number first.
The only limitation is APRS-SCS will only work with APRSdos maps that
are Normal and Line format.
In the very near future I will be making new versions of
mapmaking.exe and mapfix.exe programs that will run
on todays modern PC.
Thank You Bob WB4APR For all your help in making this possible.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs